March 3-9 is National Problem Gambling Awareness Week
If you or someone you know has a problem with gambling or would like more information on gambling responsibly, contact the help line below.
Contact the Oregon Problem Gambling Helpline
Treatment is free, confidential and it works
. Call 1-877-695-4648 (MY-LIMIT) or visit the link above.
The Oregon Lottery would like to remind you that March 3-9 is National Problem Gambling Awareness Week. The goal of this campaign is to educate
the general public and health care professionals about the warning signs of
problem gambling and raise awareness about the help that is available both
locally and nationally.
The Lottery encourages Oregonians to play their dollars with sense and offers
the following guidelines for responsible gambling.
- Gamble only for fun
- Think of the money you lose as the cost of your entertainment
- Set a dollar limit and stick to it
- Set a time limit and stick to it
- Accept losing as part of the game
- Don't borrow money to gamble
- Don't let gambling interfere with family, friends or work
- Don't gamble to win back losses
- Don't use gambling as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain
- Know the warning signs of problem gambling
Oregon Lottery • 500 Airport Road SE, Salem, OR, 97301 • PO Box 12649 Salem, OR, 97309-0649 • www.oregonlottery.org
Phone: 503-540-1000 • Fax: 503-540-1001 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org