Tonight’s Mega Millions Jackpot Increased to $636 Million
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Chuck Baumann
December 17, 2013 - Salem, Oregon
Tonight’s Mega Millions jackpot has been increased to $636 million - #2 on both the list of all-time Mega Millions jackpots and world jackpots.
- Tonight’s $636 million jackpot is the 2nd largest Mega Millions jackpot and 2nd largest ever in the world. (World record jackpot: $656 million Mega Millions won in Mar. 2012)
- Players have two choices on how to take the jackpot prize:
o 30-year annuity = $14.2 million per year (after taxes)
o One-time cash payment = $229 million (after taxes)
- What if you win?
o Sign your ticket
o Consider putting together a trusted “team” consisting of a lawyer, financial planner and accountant
o Call the Lottery office
o The winner has one year from the date of the ticket’s drawing to validate the winning ticket
- The drawing is at 7:59 PM every Tuesday and Friday. Players are able to buy tickets until 7 PM on drawing nights.
- Oregon is one of 45 lottery jurisdictions who offer Mega Millions.
- Oregon began selling Mega Millions tickets in March 2010.
- While Oregon has never had a Mega Millions jackpot winner, Oregon Lottery Mega Millions players have won nearly $30 million.
Since the Oregon Lottery began selling tickets on April 25, 1985, it has earned over $8 billion for economic development, public education, state parks and watershed enhancements. In that same period, it has paid its players more than $23 billion in prizes.
Oregon Lottery • 500 Airport Road SE, Salem, OR, 97301 • PO Box 12649 Salem, OR, 97309-0649 • www.oregonlottery.org
Phone: 503-540-1000 • Fax: 503-540-1001 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org