Tonight’s $344 Million Jackpot is 4th Largest for Mega Millions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Chuck Baumann
December 10, 2013 - Salem, Oregon
Tonight’s $344 million Mega Millions is the fourth largest of all Mega Millions jackpots.
- The largest Mega Millions jackpot, and world record, is $656 million won in March 2012.
- Tonight’s $344 million jackpot is the eighth largest in the world.
- Players have two choices on how to take the Mega Millions jackpot prize:
o 30-year annuity = $7.7 million per year (after taxes)
o One-time cash payment = $123.3 million (after taxes)
- The drawing is at 7:59 PM every Tuesday and Friday. Players are able to buy tickets until 7 PM on drawing nights.
- Mega Millions tickets cost $1.
- Oregon is one of 45 lottery jurisdictions who offer Mega Millions.
- Oregon began selling Mega Millions tickets in March 2010.
- While Oregon has never had a Mega Millions jackpot winner, Oregon Lottery
Mega Millions players have won nearly $30 million.
Since the Oregon Lottery began selling tickets on April 25, 1985, it has earned over $8 billion for economic development, public education, state parks and watershed enhancements. In that same period, it has paid its players more than $23 billion in prizes.
Oregon Lottery • 500 Airport Road SE, Salem, OR, 97301 • PO Box 12649 Salem, OR, 97309-0649 • www.oregonlottery.org
Phone: 503-540-1000 • Fax: 503-540-1001 • Email: email@example.com