How Lottery Funds Are Allocated
Whether it is textbooks, fish screens or hiking trails,
you influence where the dollars go
Oregonians vote to approve the broad categories that receive Oregon Lottery® funds. Over the years, voters have approved constitutional amendments allowing Lottery funds to be used for economic development (1984), public education (1995) and natural resources (1998). Some
funds are constitutionally dedicated by voters. Then, every two years, Oregon's Legislature and Governor appropriate the remainder of Lottery funds within those categories
approved by voters.
Lottery funds distribution 2013-2015:
- Public Education (57%) - Lottery dollars are distributed into four areas within education: the Education Stability Fund, the State School Fund, colleges and universities and bonds. Lottery funds allocated to public education are administered by the Department of Education and Oregon University Systems.
- Economic Development/Job Creation (27%) - Today, 27% of Lottery funds are allocated for job creation and economic development, providing assistance for a variety of Oregon’s industries such as: manufacturing, high-tech, agriculture, fisheries, solar, medical, tourism, as well as small businesses.
- State Parks & Natural Resources (15%) - Lottery funds allocated to state parks and natural resources are administered through the Parks & Natural Resources Fund and divided equally between state parks (7.5%) and watershed enhancement/salmon restoration (7.5%).
- Problem Gambling Treatment (1%) - Lottery funds allocated for
problem gambling treatment are administered by the Oregon Department of Human
Services and are distributed to programs throughout the state.
County by County Allocation
How dollars are spent in Oregon’s counties.
** 2007 - 2009 Distribution Supplement
* 2005 - 2007 Distribution Supplement
2009 - 11 Lottery Fund
Allocations by County >>
See how Oregon Lottery® dollars are working for Oregon.
When You Play,
Oregon Wins >>
Lottery funds support projects and programs throughout the state.
Oregon Lottery • 500 Airport Road SE, Salem, OR, 97301 • PO Box 12649 Salem, OR, 97309-0649 • www.oregonlottery.org
Phone: 503-540-1000 • Fax: 503-540-1001 • Email: email@example.com